Enabling high-performance multimedia content delivery, device-to-device content distribution and other bespoke use cases for and within the high tech, software and social media sectors.
Varnish Software solutions for high-tech industries
Real-time media and web content delivery and distribution is layered with complexity. As end-users demand speed and availability, and have embraced seamless connectivity of all their devices, the high-tech sector is always looking for solutions to achieve speed and performance that exceeds user expectations. While serving billions of requests daily, high-tech companies need creative and flexible, but invisible, ways to deliver content in the most optimal way while also delivering better user experiences without requiring increased investment in their global server architecture.
Some use cases include video delivery solutions, delivering content between devices (device to device) and storing and accessing massive amounts of content and content distribution within a global server setup. The demand for scalability and high availability drives the CDN market as well, with the need for an origin shield to protect origin servers as well as a fallback of cached content in case of CDN/origin server failure.
There are well over 1,000 specifically social APIs publicly available, and the big names, such as Twitter and Facebook, are among the most popular public APIs overall. It is too broad, diverse and expansive to detail the reach and potential for social APIs - they are almost literally everywhere, at the core of thousands of applications, services and businesses. The evolution toward more open APIs and features alongside better data portability has enabled the handling of a growing flow of multimedia content, leading to more sophisticated use - some use cases add functionality to existing social networks, while others allow for greater integration and seamless sharing, e.g., placing social media site icons on a website that allow users to share content directly from the page. Another example is APIs that allow a commenting system, such as Disqus, to take in user comments and display them on one’s site without any intermediary action.
Varnish Plus for the high-tech industry helps enable:
- Scalability to handle any number of user visits or requests, even during times of high demand
- High availability content replication and origin shield/protection
- Video delivery/streaming solutions
- Device-to-device content delivery solutions
- Advanced load balancing
- Low CPU consumption while handling heavy loads
- Flexibility to create other bespoke solutions to tailor for your own needs and challenges
The Varnish API Engine for the high-tech sector enables:
- All-in-one API management platform: Most companies in all industries have exposed their APIs internally, privately or publicly. API management is becoming more important and complex, and within the social media and software industries, the complexity is growing as more APIs become open and are being used together to create mashups. While many API management solutions exist, very few emphasize performance, and in this environment of exponentially expanding API services, performance is going to become more difficult and become a focus. The Varnish API Engine allows you to head off performance-related challenges before they catch up with you while delivering access control and security, rate limiting and other normal API management functions.
- Keep cost structures down - implement caching services as an efficiency tool
- Stay ahead of competition by providing an exceptional user experience
- Flexibility: Varnish Software solutions can be applied in many ways – many applications are already built and ready to go. But it’s flexible enough for you to tweak to perfectly fit your own needs.
- All-in-one performance and API management solution: With Varnish Plus and the Varnish API Engine, you have a complete package for managing and distributing content and boosting web and API performance.
Visit our case studies page to learn more about some of their experiences using Varnish Plus to tackle their challenges, such as managing massive datasets, streaming linear and VOD video and ensuring performance and high availability even in peak traffic conditions. Find out how Varnish Software solutions can help you.