Varnish Software’s commitment to GDPR
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation, designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within Europe.
What is Varnish Software doing about GDPR?
Varnish Software started to dedicate internal resources to GDPR in May 2017, a year before the enforced date. We did this because we value our customers and their customers’ rights to privacy and the ownership of their data.
Here’s the brief version of our roadmap towards GDPR compliance:
- Research the areas of our product and our business impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Develop a strategy and plan for how to address the product and data that will be impacted by GDPR – COMPLETE
- Train staff to ensure that they handle data in compliance with the GDPR – COMPLETE
- Implement the necessary changes/improvements to our website and products based on the requirements – IN PROGRESS
- Implement the changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR – COMPLETE
- Ensure that our third-party systems are or become GDPR-compliant before May 2018 – COMPLETE
- Communicate our full compliance when all steps are completed – COMPLETE
Varnish Software has also engaged legal counsel to ensure that our approach is solid. We felt that this was important because the legislation is new and therefore subject to interpretation.
What changes is Varnish Software making to be GDPR-compliant?
We are taking many steps across the entire company to ensure we will become GDPR compliant by 25 May 2018. We’re improving and documenting processes regarding data handling, making sure all of our third-party suppliers and partners will be compliant and in general working toward becoming more transparent about how we handle our data.
I’m new to the GDPR and would love more details about what it is
The General Data Protection (GDPR) is considered to be the most significant piece of European data protection legislation to be introduced in Europe for over 20 years, replacing the European Data Protection Directive from 1995. GDPR seeks to unify data protection laws across Europe. The GDPR will strengthen the rights and control of European citizens over their own data including its collection, storage, transfer, and use.
This legislation gives you more rights and control over your own personal data and forces companies to store and handle personal data with care. The GDPR also raises the stakes for compliance by increasing enforcement and imposing greater fines should a company breach the regulation.
The GDPR enhances European individuals’ privacy rights and places significantly enhanced obligations on organizations handling data.
At Varnish Software, we work to earn the trust of our stakeholders with good and secure software. As such, protecting the privacy and security of our customers’ and stakeholders’ information is a top priority, and compliance is central to this mission. We will continue to evolve our responsibility and secure your privacy.
Our commitment: Varnish Software is fully committed to achieving compliance with the GDPR prior to the regulation’s effective date.
For further information about the GDPR, you can visit the GDPR portal website. And if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.