Respond to demand
Streaming Server is designed to scale up or down as your service requires.
With Varnish Streaming Server, you can achieve up to 99% backend offload.
Massive data store
With Varnish Streaming Server, you can store a massive amount of data – more than 100+TB.
Why use Varnish Streaming Server?
With Streaming Server you can deliver your video content in the most efficient way possible – store massive amounts of content, deliver it rapidly and securely with a flexible service that can be upgraded and improved at a pace that suits you and your viewers.
Varnish SSL/TLS support improves end-to-end transport security by encrypting web traffic with both server-side and client-side SSL/TLS integration.
Varnish High Availability is a high-performance content replication engine and protective layer against massive traffic floods, scaling up to relieve pressure on the origin server and boost the reliability and resilience of your streaming service.
The Varnish Massive Storage Engine (MSE) helps tackle VoD content challenges – a vast library that must be stored and easily, quickly accessed when requested. Varnish Massive Storage Engine (MSE) provides a significant amount of local cache storage, scaling to hundreds of terabytes, allowing you to cache multi-terabyte data sets and persist them across sessions.
Persistence allows cached content to survive (or persist) across restarts (both expected and unexpected), which helps to ensure a stable performance over time. Repopulating a cache after a restart is time-consuming, especially with large objects. Speed is of the essence when near-instant content delivery is expected.
Varnish Administration Console (VAC) is a single point of control for all Varnish Cache server administration.
Varnish Custom Statistics (VCS) is a real-time statistics engine allowing you to aggregate, display and analyze user web traffic.
Content pre-fetch uses an asynchronous operation to fetch the next anticipated object into cache letting you act predictively to prefetch content and keep your cache warm, for high-performance, smooth video on demand (VoD) streaming.
Execute ESI includes in parallel, greatly increasing your existing ESI performance. Parallel ESI will upon considering a page for delivery immediately seek out what fragments need to be fetched and fetch them – all at the same time.
With the Akamai Connector for Varnish, DevOps can improve their Akamai-Varnish integration and seamlessly sync the two for enhanced day-to-day productivity.
A streaming regular expression engine which allows Varnish to manipulate and capture response body text in VCL.
Distributed cache invalidation. Broadcasts requests to multiple Varnish caches from a single entry point. The broadcaster consists of a web-server with a REST API which will receive invalidation requests and distribute these requests to all configured caches.
Autoscale Varnish in the cloud or a modern container service.
The service streamlines configuration by automatically producing the configuration files. This makes it possible for each node to automatically discover its peers, and keep that knowledge up-to-date over time.
Varnish offloads more than 50% of live streaming requests, which is a lifesaver in terms of load that does not hit the backend.
Benjamin Baumann, Solutions Architect, Eurosport
Varnish Live: Real-time, on-the-go performance monitoring
The Varnish Live app is an essential real-time, on-the-go tool to proactively monitor and optimize your Varnish instances to ensure the highest possible web performance.
Varnish Live frees monitoring from a specific location: as a mobile app, it can be used to monitor Varnish performance from anywhere, helping teams identify, troubleshoot and manage issues proactively.
*Only available with a Varnish Enterprise subscription, Varnish Live is not a standalone app and draws on VCS data.
- Simplicity in real-time: Varnish Live delivers an instant, real-time overview of performance stats and data that pulls data from your existing VCS configuration. Varnish Live is your first line of defense in identifying traffic and performance patterns or potential problems as – or before – they happen.
- Visual: Varnish Live presents data in a simple, user-friendly visual/graph format making it easy to immediately see where issues are coming up or that performance is stable.
- Easily share: Varnish Live also makes it easier to share stats/info with other parts of your organization that don’t get access to or need more visual representations of performance and the crucial nature of real-time monitoring and anticipating problems before they become critical.
- Mobile/flexible: Varnish Live is a mobile app so can be used anywhere. You are not tied down, monitoring performance from a single place.
- Peace of mind: Varnish Live shows that instance(s) are up and running and shows in real-time how they are running.