TCP accelerator is highly scalable, intelligent and will boost speed in application and content delivery.
Highly scalable intelligent TCP acceleration is a means to securing fast content delivery over any access point, even when the network suffers from congestion and high latency.
The TCP protocol was not designed for high-performance delivery of rich media content, particularly over mobile networks and does not adapt well to significant packet loss and latency.
Existing solutions have taken a static, one-size-fits-all approach, which cannot match the growing demands of dynamic session characteristics. This means that transport optimizations are difficult, if not impossible, to realize.
Intelligent TCP acceleration features
- Overcomes challenges of the TCP protocol’s limitations: the intelligent TCP accelerator performs “intelligent” TCP optimization using analytics and on-the-fly learned-session observations to manage speed based on real-time conditions and session-specific transport needs.
- Gets smarter: With analytics and machine learning, the TCP accelerator applies a series of transport-acceleration algorithms for speed and stability improvements for TCP connections.
- Complementary: Intelligent TCP acceleration does not replace the standard TCP stack but instead augments it
Intelligent TCP acceleration benefits
- Up to 40% speed increase in application and content delivery
- Dynamic and intelligent TCP optimization to ensure best possible content delivery performance under any network conditions, determined by real-time, on-the-fly analysis
- Significantly improved content delivery performance on mobile
Who should use TCP acceleration?
The ability to improve digital content delivery across devices, especially on mobile, has become do-or-die. Deploying the Varnish Plus TCP Accelerator add-on as part of your Varnish Plus instance will give you speed improvements in your content delivery and improve the quality of your end-users’ experience.
Intelligent TCP acceleration is an add-on service for Varnish Plus and is not a part of the Varnish Plus subscription package. Please contact us to discuss how Varnish Plus and intelligent TCP acceleration can fit your web and mobile content delivery performance needs.